$3 Indian Princess
$3 gold princess coin were issued from 1854-1889. The $3 Indian Princess gold coin is considered one of the most unusual coins produced by the United States Mint. Designer James B. Longacre was faced with the challenge of creating a coin that could be differentiated from $2.50 and $5 Liberty gold coins, in size, weight and design. Longacre met this challenge in creating the only $3 U.S. coin ever minted.
- Population of 94* in AU-58 at NGC, with only 22 certified in Mint State.
- Mintage of 24,000.
- Contains .1451 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the AU-58 condition.
- Obverse: Longacre’s Indian Princess.
- Reverse: Denomination and date inside a wreath of corn, cotton, tobacco, and wheat. Mint mark at 6 o’clock.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Are you interested in this coin? Let us know what type of purchase you are considering:
|Grade:||Almost Unc – 58||Manufacturer:||US Mint|
|Grade Service||NGC||Thickness:||1.1 mm|
|Mint Mark:||O – New Orleans||Inner Pack:||N/A|
|Metal Content:||0.14512 troy oz||Outer Pack:||N/A|