1 oz Buffalo Proof
The first .9999 fine Gold coin ever produced by the U.S. Mint, the Gold Buffalo pays homage to the classic design of the 1913 Buffalo Nickel. Struck on specially-prepared planchets, these Proof coins bear a beautiful mirror finish and exquisite detail.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in complete original packaging including an elegant presentation box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Proof finish adds further beauty with an impressive shine.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser’s classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.